Gathering with family and friends is one of the best parts of the holiday season. Liven Up Your Holiday Celebration with these fun activities!
Game On: Have board games and card games to play around the table. Keep them simple, friendly and fun: e.g. Scrabble, Apples to Apples or your favorite card game.
Get Crafty: Have an arts and crafts project that everyone can do. Make an ornament, decorate cookies or build a gingerbread house.
Festive Tunes: Create a holiday playlist or choose a station on your favorite streaming service to keep the energy up — and the music on autopilot!
Strike a Pose: Put out a Polaroid camera or a few disposable cameras for guests to capture memories. Think of the photos as a special personalized gift!
Write a Note: Set up a station for guests to write personal notes to friends and family expressing why that person is important to them. Make it a craft — provide blank cards that guests can decorate with stickers and custom designs.
Theme It: Theme your celebration! Invite guests to wear their favorite holiday sweater or dress like a character from their favorite seasonal movie or television show.
5 Tips to Stress Less This Holiday Season
While holiday celebrations can be fun, planning and hosting — and in some cases, even attending — can be stressful. Here are five tips to reduce your stress levels this holiday, so you can focus on what’s important!
- Establish expectations ahead of time with your family on the intention of your celebration. This helps keep everyone on the same page to avoid uncomfortable dinner conversations.
- Assign each attendee to a different dish to cut down on kitchen activity — someone takes an appetizer, dessert, side dish, etc. Send a reminder a few days before so folks remember to bring their dish!
- If you’re driving to the party, leave plenty of time to get there in case of traffic or inclement weather. Consider a ride share to avoid having to drive at all.
- Designate a “clean up committee” to help with clearing the table, sorting dishes, bagging up leftovers, etc. Opening presents? Have a large trash bag nearby for guests to dispose of wrapping paper.
- Treat yourself to a massage after the holiday hustle is over!
It’s been a pleasure serving you this year, and I
look forward to continuing that level of care in
2020. Whatever you do to celebrate this season,
I wish you and your family a cheerful holiday
and a wonderful New Year!
© 2019 Buffini & Company. All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission. RMMK DECEMBER S – Liven Up Your Holiday Celebration
Thanks for reading and feel free to reply with any questions or comments that you may have and please, share with family and friends.
Thank you foryour attention.
Vincent De Rouen, Realtor®
Office: 510-886-1100 ext. 108